1. The popular saying, ‘All is fair in love and war’ is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
Well what might be fair to one person might not be to another. It’s all debatable.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What’s your favorite kind?
Love, love, LOVE cereal. Raisin Bran, Multigrain Cheerios, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Shredded Wheat, Chocolate Cheerios.
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school. A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).
I heard about this. I don’t think any of the “punishment” was justified. It’s ludicrous honestly. Not only did she not bring the “gun” to the school but it blows freaking bubbles!
4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?
Honestly, I’m not sure about this. I’ll see fairly recent movies and think wasn’t that person already dead?
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What’s the last thing you signed your name to?
I’m a print gal. I can write faster that way. Having to sign my name at the hospital many times over it has just become a scrawl after the the first initial. I recently had to sign my name to a job application form though I just submitted.
6. Speaking of John Hancock…ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Flown over Philly but never been there. I wouldn’t mind doing the touristy thing but only during the dead of summer and a verified temperature of above 80!
7. Share something funny you’ve heard a child say.
I could have tons of anecdotes for this one if I was still working at the hospital as I was in pediatrics, but alas, I have not been around any kids for months now.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m still waiting to get busy in this semester of classes. So far I’m b o r e d.