1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen’s English…here’s the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
I could do without yolo because I honestly do not hear anybody saying it.
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
That was when I living in Germany. I know we visited a lot of the countries but I do not remember which ones from the train itself.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite ‘flavor’? Favorite topping?
YEAH! I love blueberry bagels with blueberry cream cheese and then behind that the cinnamon crunch ones from Panera Bread.
4. ‘Tis the season of awards shows…if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
I know I’d choose an action film but which one is the question. So many to choose from I have no idea.
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months….what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you’re a parent, is this something you’d support in regard to your own children?
I have no children but it seems logical. When in class you will not be focused on the boys/girls to see if you could become girlfriend/boyfriend and just learn whatever it is you need to learn.
6. What’s your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
The fact that I don’t have to clean anything up after I leave.
7. Do you have a ‘word’ for 2013? What’s the story behind your choice?
No word from me. I’m still using the same old ones I’ve been using for years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m catching up on the Syfy shows I taped last night. I have got to admit they have some freaky shows but I love them. Do you guys watch any series on the Syfy network? (By the way I never liked that they changed the channel logo)