1. It’s been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that’s true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What’s something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what’s something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
I’m not sure if I believe this or not. I do know that anything that happens can make a quick turn of a good day into a bad one whether that was intended or not.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend…are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I don’t usually participate in the karaoke but I do enjoy most of what comes out of it.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day…what’s something you’ve found puzzling recently?
Hmm, there really isn’t one particular thing I could come up with right at this point. I find a lot of things puzzling. Like all these emails I keep receiving about things getting shut down from the cold. I mean our clinic was closed today but the brunt of the weather isn’t going to come until tonight. Makes no sense.
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search…what’s your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
I LOVE all sorts of puzzles. I have never heard of acrostic though. I did some crosswords and sudoku the other day while waiting. I play a lot of scrabble too. A LOT
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she’s not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
No I do not think men and women are equal, especially in the work place. However, everybodies got their opinions so I can’t fault her in hers. I also get blasted sometimes because I choose not to have children. It is my choice. Not everybody is meant to be a mother and when you know, you know.
6. What’s a product you’ve noticed in the grocery store that you’d like to try, but haven’t yet?
Hmm, I’m pretty much game on anything new I see unless it is really expensive. I know Oreo just put out a cookie dough filled Oreo I want to try lol
7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th). Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here’s a link to a character list if you need help on this one.
You know, I’m not sure. Probably the Mad Hatter just to get some insight on what he’s really thinking on why he tries to torment Alice.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
With the extreme weather all over the place I really don’t understand why people freak out over it. I went to the grocery store yesterday to get ingredients to make a crockpot of chili for the next couple of days because I have a feeling that the clinic will be closed on Wednesday too and the shelves were practically bare. It is insane. Sure we might lose power but all that food will rot in the fridge unless they take it outside which is considerably more cold than the fridge and that is IF they think of this. People get worked up too much if you ask me.